APERTURE/ WHITE BALANCE/SHUTTER SPEED uuhhGG!!!!

Honestly, I had noooo idea how many settings there could be on a camera! Just about 18 months ago I was shooting with my $90 Kodak digital camera (might I add it was the first digital I had ever had.) I was loving taking pics so much that the hubby and I decided to get a better one. That is when I met Nikon (my main squeeze lately.) Anyway, I have been getting a few lessons on how to work with creating my own settings, up until now I have shot in aperture which I loved because all I needed to worry about was yep you guessed it "the aperture." So after a lesson or two and a few articles on working with different settings I finally took a few test shots that came out kinda cool.



Here are my girls, I did bump up the colors a bit in my editing system, but I found working in a mode that gives me more control I was able to really kick out some great color that gave the picture way more depth!
Photobucket


It wasn't until a friend mentioned this was the key to fine tuning her photo's that I realized that the picture on my camera screen is a bit lighter then when I get it in my computer system. I think this will help me a TON now when I'm out doing shoots. Until I was told to upload my pics and then stick the card back in my camera to view both at the same time I never got the reality of the difference in the camera screen and computer screen. Believe me do this it totally helps! In this picture I went with a softer look and did some playing with the white balance in the camera.
Photobucket



I love to focus on the eyes when I'm shooting. I have read tons of material that debate the best place of the face to focus on, but for me personally the eyes are my favorite.
Photobucket

Popular Posts