Our Lady Of The Sierra's.

Yesterday I took a little field trip to a couple of locations around town that I absolutely love the architecture of. Ever since I was a kid I have always found church structures to be fascinating. I remember years ago going to mass with my Grandma and being in awe of the building. Those of you that have been to Etna California know exactly which church I'm talking about. Even though these buildings are not my religion I still have a great appreciation and respect for these amazing structures and the people around them. My absolute favorite is "Our Lady Of The Sierra's" It reminds me of when I was in Scotland the way the old castles were built way up on the hill made of solid stone.

There is a small hike up to the church. It's not uncommon to find people along the way praying for loved ones that have passed.
Photobucket

Here you have one of the entrances to the tiny chapel. No matter how many times I come to this place I still can't believe how pretty it is!
Photobucket


Sooooo I cant even begin to tell you how BIG this is. I'm going to say maybe 30ft in the air. I have no idea. I just know its very visible when your driving towards Palominas/Bisbee. Whoa!
Photobucket

On my way back I stopped by an old Church Isaac and I used to like to drive by on our way to our church Sunday mornings. I arrived just as the bells were ringing, I think church may have been in session so I quickly snapped a shot of the entrance. I love these doors.
Photobucket

Popular Posts